Friday, April 1, 2011 - 9:00am
Digital Arts Research Center
Welcome To Visiting Day 2011!
- Each year, Visiting Day provides the opportunity for the applicants recommended for admittance to meet faculty, current students and staff and learn more about the campus, community, the DANM program and research.
- Directions to the Digital Arts Research Center: From the intersection at Bay and High Streets (UCSC's main entrance), drive 1.1 miles north on Empire Grade Road to the West Entrance at Heller Drive. Turn Right. Drive up the hill past four stop signs. Turn right just after the fourth stop sign onto Meyer Drive. Turn left at the second stop sign. The Digital Arts Research Center is on the right and parking is on the left. Handicap parking is available to the right of the building.
- IMPORTANT: Parking permits are required -- if you drove, be sure to get one from us when you check in.
- Facebook page re: travel arrangements
- 9:00am – 9:30am Coffee and light breakfast in the Light Lab, Room 306, DARC (Digital Arts Research Center)
- Pick up packet from Felicia
- 9:30am – 11:50pm Welcome and DANM faculty presentations in DANM Dark Lab, DARC 108
- 9:30 Warren Sack, Chair, Professor of Film & Digital Media
- 9:40 Noah Wardrip-Fruin, Associate Professor of Computer Science, 2012 project group, Playable Media
- 10:00 Newton and Helen Harrison, Professor Emeriti and DANM adjunct faculty, 2012 project group leaders, Participatory Culture
- 10:20 Kimberly Jannarone, Associate Professor and Brandin Baron-Nusbaum, Associate Professor of Theater Arts, 2012 project group leaders, Performative Technologies
- 10:40 Break
- 10:55 Jennifer Parker, Associate Professor of Art, 2012 project group leader, Mechatronics
- 11:15 Soraya Murray, Assistant Professor of Film & Digital Media, representative of critical studies courses11:25 Q&A
- 11:50am – 12:15pm Tour of DARC 1st floor with Lyle Troxell, DANM technical coordinator
- 12:15pm – 1:00pm Lunch for all students, HAVC and F&DM PhD applicants, faculty and staff in DARC 306
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm Interviews with project group leaders
- 2:10pm – 3:30pm Presentations in DANM Seminar Room, DARC 206
- 2:10 Lyes Belhocine and Drew Detweiler, DANM alumni and DANM Research Associates
- 2:30 Nick Lally, DANM alumnus and DANM Research Associate
- 2:50 Felicia Rice, Program Manager
- 3:10 Q&A
- 3:30pm – 4:15pm Tour of DARC 2nd and 3rd floors with Lyle Troxell, DANM technical coordinator
- 4:15pm – 5:15pm Mixer with current students, HAVC and F&DM PhD applicants and faculty in DARC 306