The DANM 2009 MFA Exhibition
interACTIVATE – digital art :: social impact
The Digital Arts and New Media MFA program at UC Santa Cruz will present the work of ten graduate students in a two-part exhibition at The Museum of Art & History in downtown Santa Cruz. Entitled interACTIVATE, this UCSC DANM MFA presentation is the culmination of two years of research and artistic exploration into digital media art and its social impact. The show includes new media works that explore performativity, interactivity, participation and politics. These works probe the interplay of private and public space as they interrogate the borderlands, edges, and contested territories of contemporary new media art practice.
Lots of Photos of the event
Part 1: April 17 - May 14
- Reception: Friday, May 1, 6:30-8:30pm (free and open to the public)
- Artists: Rupa Dhillon, Roopesh Sitharan, Melanie k Stewart
Nada Miljković (performing at reception)
Part 2: May 29 - June 24
- Performance: Friday, May 29, 1:00-4:00pm. "Balkan Song" endurance performance piece by Nada Miljković
- Noontime Tour: Friday, June 5, 12:00-1:00pm. During this free event, artists will walk through their work with the public.
- Reception: Friday, June 5, 6:30-8:30pm (free and open to the public)
- Artists: Troy Allman, Miki Yamada Foster, g. craig hobbs, Lindsay Kelley, Joshua McVeigh-Schultz, Nada Miljković, Laila Shereen Sakr <VJ Um Amel>
McPherson Center, 705 Front Street, in downtown Santa Cruz on the corner of Front and Cooper Streets.
Hours: Closed Mondays. Tuesdays - Sundays: 11am - 5pm; First Friday of every month: extended hours 11am - 9pm
This event co-sponsored by the UCSC Graduate Student Association and Bonny Doon Vineyards
With support from:
- Tyler Freeman
- Sampada Sadashiv Aranke
We thank them for their generosity, and invite you to add your support by visiting giving.ucsc.edu and making a designated donation to DANM.
Special thanks to The Museum of Art & History @ McPherson Center.