- Marcelo Viana Neto | Educator, Radical Play
- Christopher Totten | Game Artist in Residence, American University
- Karen Schrier | Assistant Professor, Marist College
- Emma Westecott | Professor, OCAD
- Bonnie Ruberg | Provost's Postdoctoral Scholar, Interactive Media and Games Division, USC
Location: Room 3020, West Hall
Date: Tuesday, February 28
Time: 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Track: GDC Education Summit
Pass Type: GDC All Access, GDC All Access + VRDC, GDC Summits, Tutorials, & Bootcamps, GDC Summits, Tutorials, & Bootcamps + VRDC, GDC Education Summit - Get your pass now!
Vault Recording: Video
This annual session will consist of a series of enlightening, opinion based microtalks as given by veteran educators and game scholars. Experience different perspectives on fostering student autonomy, teaching socially-aware game design, public speaking, art education, and feminist pedagogy as presented by this cast of colleagues: Marcelo Viana Neto (Independent), Bonnie Ruberg (University of Southern California), Karen Schrier (Marist College), Christopher Totten (American University), Emma Westecott (OCAD).
Attendees will leave productively provoked by speakers' perspectives, inspired to change game education at their own institutions.